The Rec Room to Open at Toronto's Roundhouse Park
Press Release: The Rec Room to Open at Toronto's Roundhouse ParkCanada's Premier Social Destination Opening its Third Location
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Feb. 23, 2016) - Cineplex Entertainment ("Cineplex") (TSX:CGX) today announced plans to build The Rec Room™, Canada's new premier social destination, in Toronto, Ontario. Scheduled to open in the first quarter of 2017 at the historic John Street Roundhouse, located at 255 Bremner Boulevard across from the CN Tower, Ripley's Aquarium, and Rogers Centre, the location will be the ideal destination for area residents and the millions of tourists who visit the area each year. The approximately 40,000 square foot dining and entertainment complex will be The Rec Room's third announced location - with the first slated to open in Edmonton, Alberta, this spring.
"The Rec Room is a social destination that brings together an incredible dining, amusement gaming and live entertainment experiences all under one roof," said Pat Marshall, Vice President, Communications and Investor Relations at Cineplex Entertainment. "Cineplex is leveraging its industry-leading entertainment, amusement gaming, food and beverage, digital media and operational capabilities to bring an entirely new, technology-enhanced entertainment experience to Toronto."
Leased from John Street Roundhouse Development Corp, The Rec Room at Toronto's Roundhouse Park is expected to have broad appeal with young adults and families, while also serving as the ultimate gathering spot for corporate events, groups and parties. Some features of The Rec Room include:
- Dining options including an upscale casual restaurant featuring an open kitchen and a contemporary menu as well as 'eatertainment-style' dining concepts in the games area. Menus will feature wood-fired Canadian-inspired cuisine and old favourites will be prepared with a new twist.
- A bar area which features a massive high-definition screen will be the perfect place for Leafs, Raptors and Jays fans to catch the games or for friends to gather for a pint of beer, a glass of wine or a signature cocktail.
- A large attractions area will boast an assortment of amusement games and interactive feature attractions alongside recreational activities like pool, shuffleboard and ping pong.
- A guest experience that integrates the latest in technology and gamification coupled with SCENE, Canada's leading entertainment rewards program.
- An auditorium-style space that will be perfect for live entertainment like comedy and musical acts.