Historic Note: #4803 moves from the CN to the CP Roundhouse - Feb 28th, 1986
Click on the image for a closer look!
Derek Boles, TRHA's historian, publishes a daily posting on the Toronto Railway Heritage Yahoo Group List. These postings document major railway oriented events that happened on that day of the year. One of today's items is as follows:
"February 28, 1986:
The last official engine movement occurs at Canadian National's Spadina roundhouse as CN switcher No. 7729 moves CN GP7 No. 4803 to the Canadian Pacific John Street roundhouse. The Geep had been donated to the City of Toronto in 1984 to commemorate the sesquicentennial of the incorporation of Toronto. The Spadina roundhouse was subsequently demolished to make way for Skydome, now the Rogers Centre." .
If you wish to read these daily postings from Derek, simply join the Toronto Railway Heritage Yahoo Group List by clicking here.
Moving counter clockwise from the upper left, the images show:
- #4803 in action on the road in Edmonton, Alberta in June of 1970 - Photograph by Richard Yaremko from the Helmut G. Osterman collection
- #4803 in residence at the CN Spadina Roundhouse on May 20, 1985 by John Vincent
- #4803 in residence at the John St. Roundhouse by Russ Milland
- #4803 below the CN Tower in Roundhouse Park by Russ Milland
- #4803 in Roundhouse Park in front of the CP Roundhouse by Russ Milland
- Close up of the cab of #4803 by Russ Milland
Posting by Russ Milland; Pictures as attributed above