Weekend Report: A Busy Saturday with 15 Volunteers!
Click on each image for a closer look!
Saturday dawned nice and sunny but it was cold with a bit of a breeze all day. Fifteen volunteers turned out to work on many different projects. To give you and idea of the many different tasks that can be dealt with when there is such a large team, here is a probably incomplete list of what we accomplished:
- 4803 had some much needed clean-up inside;
- The graffiti on the Pyke crane is now close to invisible;
- New windows are ready to install on the Pyke crane;
- The Pyke Crane’s hooks and cable blocks are now a cheerful combination of blue and red;
- The Whitcomb had its leaking air hose replaced and was successfully test run;
- The miniature railway depot tracks are a big step towards completion;
- Sweet Creek has a working headlight and cab light;
- Romulus has a new boiler water gauge;
- The TH&B caboose wooden window frames are progressing well
- The F7 got more exterior “bondo” work plus interior work and paint completed
- Stall 15 in the south end was cleaned up
Posting by Michael Guy; Pictures by Derek Boles, Stephen Gardiner and Lance Gleich