Easter Weekend finds hundreds of riders enjoying our miniature railway!
Click on each image for a closer look!
We had a very busy Easter weekend in Roundhouse park. Hundreds of riders enjoyed trips on our miniature railway on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
While visitors enjoyed visiting the park, crews of volunteers could be found in the three stalls and the miniature railway depot working on many different projects. Most days began with a planning session as seen in the photo above.
Among the projects addressed this weekend included:
- Pulling of power into the Cabin D storage shed (seen in the pictures below).
- Building of a display panel to be used to interpret Cabin D.
- Planning of the power for the temporary museum display space.
- Building a complex desk planned to hold a display of train control boards in our collection which will be housed in Cabin D.
- Cutting away the old exhaust system for CLC Whitcomb #1.
- #1’s traction generator brush-holders were checked and cleaned up and the top of the casing painted.
- Making a template of the original semaphore in our collection in order to build a second. Two are required to complete the semaphore system for Don Station.
Posting by Russ Milland; Photos by Stephen Gardiner and Lance Gleich