Weekend Report: The U33C gets an updated power supply, windows and wipers!
Click on each image for a closer look!
This weekend proved to be a very busy one as multiple crews of volunteers worked on many different projects. Among the projects tackled were:
- Completion of the blue set of miniature railway passenger cars. Running board rubber is repaired where necessary and paint has been touched up. The red set still needs the same treatment.
- The new engine for our CLC Whitcomb was rigged up ready to be lifted into place. The exhaust elbow was retrieved from the old engine, cleaned up and painted.
- Gord dropped by from the Halton County Radial Railway to advise on maintenance of the traction generators on our CLC Whitcomb and was kind enough to donate some specialized repair "goop" that we needed. Many thanks to Gord and our friends at OERHA.
- Much progress was made on the construction of the well ventilated and secure cabinet for our computer systems
- Additional painting of the walls for our temporary museum display area
- The main power supply for the U33C Diesel Cab simulator was updated to provide a higher capacity more reliable source of power for the lighting systems for the simulator.
- The remaining windows and windshield wipers were installed in the U33C Diesel cab.
Posting by Russ Milland; Photos by Stephen Gardiner & Russ Milland