Toronto Railway Museum's Season Opener on Saturday, May 26th and Sunday, May 27th!
Click on each image for a closer look!
This coming weekend hosts the annual Doors Open Toronto event when doors are thrown open across venues throughout the Toronto area. Traditionally, this is also the opening weekend for the Toronto Railway Museum and this year's opening is a special one as we will be opening a new Temporary Display of some of the many artefacts that have so generously been donated to the museum for the past few years. We will also have new interpretive displays in Don Station and Cabin D. Also note that, despite the cancelling our TRHA Monthly Union Station Tours due to the rebuilding of the station, there will be tours this weekend only. Here is a list of the attractions that will be open either throughout the event or at various times:
- The new Temporary Display of Artefacts
- The new interpretative displays in Cabin D and Don Station
- Our popular model train show
- The Toronto Railway Museum store
- Driving experiences on our diesel cab simulators
- Turntable rides
- Handcar rides
- Visits to the cabs of our engines
- Interpretative plaques throughout Roundhouse Park
- The "Building Storeys 2012" Transit Photograph Exhibit in the Steam Whistle Brewery
- Miniature Train Rides
- Union Station tours
- Food and entertainment on the Steam Whistle patio
Do drop by our TRHA booth in the Train Show area and sign our petition to "Save the Museum" and preserve and grow all of what has been developed to date!
Posting by Russ Milland; Images by Russ Milland from Doors Open 2011 in Roundhouse Park.