Weekend Report: Blitzing the TH&B Caboose!
Neville Fairclough reports on the great progress last Saturday:
"We had a long hard day with great turnout of volunteers and a great deal accomplished. The van looked terrific by end of our work day – approximately 6pm!!!
The list of accomplishments is formidable:
- The sink area and ceiling inside were scraped sanded and painted.
- The stove was installed on its floor plate.
- Chimney measurements were made.
- A piece of baseboard was installed.
- Windows are now ready for final installation.
- All the cupola seats are now ready for painting and installation.
- The internal floor was scraped ready for red/brown floor paint.
- Work on cleaning hardware is well progressed.
- A new marker lamp outlet box was installed.
- The new access steps were installed.
- The cupola seat backs were readied for re upholstery.
- Final preparation of the side for painting
- The workshop was swept and washed down!!!
.... and we did get a coat of paint over the full area of the new side now available to us."
Posting by Russ Milland; Photos by Michael Guy, Lance Gleich, Alex Ruppel
Click on each image for a closer look!