Weekend Report: The TH&B Caboose nears completion!
The TH&B Caboose restoration is nearing completion. This past weekend was another burst of activity as Neville Fairclough reports:
"The final painting of the maroon exterior of the TH&B Caboose was completed. All black trim was carefully painted and all windows cleaned. The exterior is now complete except for the lettering. All interior painting is also now complete including touch up of the walls and second coat of floor paint.
Much was accomplished on outfitting the interior as well:
- Interior fittings were progressed with some permanent lights installed, all wiring completed
- Arm rests for cupola was painted and installed
- The water tank was painted and installed above the sink
- Steel plates below the stove were screwed down and touched up
- The small table was placed and work continues rebuilding the big table, with a new side fitted.
- Stripping of the legs and side of the table was completed
- The cleaning of the two remarkable cast iron door sills was also completed and looks great.
- Restoration of the tops of the three bunks and fabrication of new bases is well progressed.
- Pieces for the closets are being stripped.”
Click on each image for a closer look!